- 1. Rocky Mount needs 147 yards rushing to set a new school record for team rushing in a season. The current record is 3,998 yards set last season. The 4,600 total yards tallied by RMHS is the fifth most in school history. The record is 5,509 set also in 2006
- 2. Junior kicker Nick Hahula set a RMHS record in its game vs. South Granville. His 10 kicking points (7 PATs, FG) was the most ever by a RMHS player. He topped the previous mark of 9 set three times by Hahula (all in 2006), once by Scott Peacock (2005) and once by Barrett Bodiford (1998).
- Hahula's 44-yard field goal vs. South Granville was the longest recorded FG in school history - but that is still under research.
- Hahula is also the No. 2 scorer in school history. His 207 points trails only the 228 scored by Demetric Marshall. Hahula has 126 PATs, 15 field goals and six touchdowns.
- Hahula has almost every kicking record in the book. But a few have eluded him - like the most field goals in a season. One more this season will tie him for that record (7). He needs also needs eight more PATs for the single season record in that category.
- 3. The 121 points Rocky Mount's opponents have scored is the lowest a RMHS team has allowed since 1985 when it gave up 93 points. The fewest ever - 1963 - 51 points, and that team won the state 4-A title.
- 4. Rocky Mount is currently riding a 14-game home winning streak. Its last loss at home was a 30-10 win by Western Alamance in the 3-A East finals - the final game of the 2005 season.
- 5. Rocky Mount is currently tied for its longest winning streak ever - 13 games. It also won 13 straight games from game #10 in 1963 to game #11 in 1964 without a loss. But RMHS also didn't lose a game over another 13-game period from game 1 in 1962 to game 2 in 1963, but it was tied 6-6 in game #5 1962 by Fayetteville High (now called Terry Sanford).
- 6. Rocky Mount has never won 14 games in a season. A win Friday would give it 14 victories.
- 7. RM vs. Wayne County Series: Rocky Mount vs. Goldsboro: RM leads 19-17-1; Rocky Mount vs. Eastern Wayne: RM leads 14-3; Rocky Mount vs. Southern Wayne: RM leads 1-0
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Posted by Charles Alston